Albany Gears Up To Celebrate Madison VanDenburg Making Top Three On American Idol
(Writer: Tammie Eller)
Today, you will have a chance not only to celebrate a local woman who hit it big but also a chance to attend a local taping of the show. Shaker High School student Madison VanDenburg made it to the top three on American Idol and the production team needs your help. Support Madison by heading down to Colonie, NY this afternoon!
(Photo: Madison VanDenburg)
Here’s what you need to know:
Only the production team and the media will be allowed to park at the Crossings, however. Instead, parking for the event will take place at Shaker High School. From 2:30 to 4pm today, May 14, CTDA will provide the public with free shuttle services to the Crossings of Colonie for the event.
- Shuttles will run at 2:30, 3:00, 3:15, 3:30 and 3:45 as well as a return trip after the performance
- All shuttles will be handicap accessible
Additional shuttles and parking will be available at the following locations:
- Our Lady of Assumption (498 Watervliet-Shaker Road)
- Macy’s at Colonie Center (the lot across from Staybridge Suites (starting at 3pm)
- Sand Creek SchoolSand Creek School on Sand Creek Road (starting at 3:30pm)
- Shaker Road Fire Station on Albany/Shaker Road (starts at 3pm)
Parking without shuttle service will be available in the following areas:
- Beltrone Event Parking Lot (lot before the Beltrone Center)
- Ciccotti Family Recreation Center
Give yourself as much time as possible because since this event involves a parade — the following roads will be closed:
- The Crossings at Colonie entrance on Albany-Shaker Road will be closed to all vehicles beginning at 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14 until Wednesday, May 15.
- The intersection of Metro Park Road and Aviation Rd will be closed for approximately a half hour between 4:00 and 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 14 for the parade.
The parade will take place rain or shine starting at 4:15pm with Madison’s performance taking place afterward.
One final note:
You won’t be allowed to take backpacks or coolers into the Crossings. Students from Shaker High School will be allowed into the building after the event to retrieve their bags.