North & South Dakotas Perform at Park Theatre
(Writer: Cody Lantz)
Local “Y’Allternative” bluegrass group The North & South Dakotas, brought their Americana sound to the Park Theatre in Glens Falls on Friday night, playing to an intimate crowd.
The Dakotas performed two sets of finger picking music with songs from all three of their albums, which included great vocal harmonies throughout the night. The band, known for their revolving lineup, also featured a guest appearance by Let’s Be Leonard saxophonist, Connor Dunn, adding a unique musical texture to the folk bluegrass group.
The Dakotas first set featured staples off their album Honey such as, “Lonesome River Bend”, “Blue”, and “Don’t You Come Around.” The band also performed a couple of covers, with their takes on Creedence Clearwater Revival’s, “Born On The Bayou”, and the Grateful Dead’s, “All New Minglewood Blues’.
The second set featured performances of “Troubles of Mine”, and “Graveyard” off of their Long Time Coming album, as well as “Run Baby Run”, “Nowhere Slow”, and “Caroline” from the album, Been Away. The group reached for “So Long, Farwell” to close out the night.
– February 1st @ Indian Ladder Farms Cidery & Brewery, Altamont, NY
– March 2nd @ UNIHOG, Hoosick Falls, NY
– April 6th @ Grizzly’s, Stratton, VT
– April 13th @ Wolf Hollow Brewing Co. Schenectady, NY
– April 19th @ Saratoga Winery, Saratoga Springs, NY
– June 14th @ Saratoga Winery, Saratoga Springs, NY